Privacy notice for job candidates
Updated on May, 2021
About this Privacy Notice
Tutotoons is committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of your personal data. The purpose of this Data Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is to describe how we collect and use personal data about candidates that are being considered for work at Tutotoons.
When we talk about “TutoTOONS”, we mean Edukacinės sistemos, UAB, a company established and regulated by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, company code 301846216, registered office at Studentų st. 3A-11, LT-50232 Kaunas, Republic of Lithuania.
What is personal data?
We use the term “personal data” to describe information about you as an individual that can identify you, such as your name, information about your skills and education, your CV and cover letter. Personal data does not include data where the identity has been removed (we call this “anonymous” or “anonymized data”).
What information do we collect and how?
During your application or recruitment process, TutoTOONS collect a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information collected during the interviews and phone-screenings you may have;
- details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or;
- any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms or CVs (including when these are sent to us as part of speculative applications or queries), during screening calls and interviews with our HR team and/or other TutoTOONS team members.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record and our email system.
Why do we process your personal data?
TutoTOONS collect and process your data for a number of purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so, as follows.
TutoTOONS has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
We will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment process of which you are a part, unless you provide us with the explicit consent for data processing for other purposes which are not listed in this Notice.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your information may be shared internally within the company for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, and managers in the business area with a vacancy.
How does Tutotoons protect your personal data?
TutoTOONS takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Tutotoons keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for 6 (six) months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with or tracked back to you, in which case we may continue to use such information without providing further notice to you.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
Your data protection rights
Under certain circumstances, as provided by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Request us to restrict the processing of your personal data. This allows you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which gives you reason to object to processing on these grounds.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Withdraw any consent given to the processing of your personal data. In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
- File a complaint with your local data protection agency.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please email our legal team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will do their best to resolve your complaint quickly.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Tutotoons during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. Laws, regulations, and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary. We will post the changes to this page and encourage you to review this Notice to stay informed.
Our contact information
We aim to make this information as clear and transparent as possible. But if you still have questions about how we process your personal data, or would like to exercise your rights under this Notice, you’re welcome to contact our legal team at email@example.com.